Google
 
Web bluestalker.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Milch and Clark get busy over at HBO


Now that HBO has cancelled John From Cincinnati, Variety reports David Milch is getting busy with his 1970's era police drama based on the career of Bill Clark. The show is about a Vietnam veteran who returns to the US and joins the NYPD. Milch has said in the past the show focuses on a man who was recruited as a soldier while he was overseas, to come back as a disaffected veteran and infiltrate the antiwar movement, as a shortcut into the New York City police force as a detective,” adding that the story is a “tragic” one.

We know Milch and we know he can work magic on a police drama! Wouldn't it be great to see some of the former Blue cast show up in this? Hint - Hint: Dennis Franz.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love to see Dennis Franz back on television. This would be great! I'd also love to see our favorite IAB Sargeant as well, of course in another area of the police department other than internal affairs!

10:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anyone realized that this show is really the backstory of Andy Sipowicz's character? He told it to Bobby in the fourth episode of Season 4 ("Where's 'Swaldo?").

9:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris - uh, yeah! I think we've all realized this new show IS the Andy story prequel to NYPD Blue. That's why I so want to see this happen!

3:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what I thought, that it was the Andy Sipowicz story, when I read about it. I hope this show works out. It has great potential and I can't think of anything I wouldn't like more than seeing a few former Blue cast show up. Of course, Dennis would be at the top of my list!

7:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking so forward to this new show. David Milch has said in the past that Andy was a combination of his father & Bill Clark. I don't know whether or not we'll see Dennis in this new show. But I sure hope so!

10:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Page Hit Counters
Cox Cable Internet Service