Google
 
Web bluestalker.blogspot.com

Friday, April 21, 2006

Beggars and Choosers Fans - UNITE!!!


Beggars and Choosers
Originally uploaded by Blue4You.

TIME TO GET ON MY SOAP BOX AGAIN....

Did you ever watch the former Showtime series Beggars and Choosers? IMHO, it was one of the best shows on television. It ran for 2 seasons, starting in 1999, and starred Charlotte Ross, Tuc Watkins, William McNamara and Brian Kerwin in a witty, cynical and very true look behind the scenes of a fictional TV network - LGT. Dealing with it's stars, fighting for ratings, trying to come in under budget and maybe even having time for some backstabbing here and there to get a leg up on your career - this show was prime! Charlotte Ross had the role of a lifetime in that of Lori Volpone, VP of Development. She rocked the small screen every week and was the true lead of the series - in my opinion.

Buena Vista Home Video had scheduled the series release on dvd for this past January. At one time Amazon was taking pre-orders but not now. That release was delayed for unknown reasons and has never been rescheduled. I've heard from insiders that the dvd is ready to go with Behind the Scenes commentary and other extras but, still, for some reason BVHV has yet to set a new release date.

Well, I'm tired of waiting. I want my B&C on DVD and I want it NOW! Recently I became aware of a little campaign targeting Buena Vista to revisit that release date and get the much anticipated dvd out on the shelves for all us over anxious fans to get our hot little hands on! if you want to help out, send a post card or drop a nice little letter to Buena Vista at the address below.

Help free these dvd's from captivity in Burbank!!

Buena Vista Home Video
3900 W. Alameda
Burbank, CA 91505

WRITE ON!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in! I for one can't wait to get my hands on this DVD. I wish they'd stop dragging their feet and release it already. I know what I'll be doing this weekend. (Besides spoiling my gorgeous little grandson)!

5:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've sort of stumbled upon this blog and was so happy to see something about my favorite television show of all time, Beggars and Choosers! The show was not to be missed when it aired on Showtime and I've been looking for years, hoping to find it on dvd, without luck. While I didn't watch NYPD Blue (well, maybe once many years back) I wish I had since I wasn't aware the actress who played Lori Volpone on B&C was on it! Charlotte Ross was just terrific on Beggars. This is a great site, I wish someone had something like this for some of my other favorite shows, like B&C!

Thanks for posting this information. I will be writing to the distributor today and keeping my fingers crossed.

7:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Page Hit Counters
Cox Cable Internet Service